Estimating & Project Management Requirements and Duties include:
- Prospect for new business by visiting property managers and proposing new paving projects.
- Position requires making assigned or self-generated sales calls.
- Accurately completing plan take-offs, and estimating to prepare a bid package or written proposal for customer.
- Estimator will manage all aspects of jobs from close of sale through completion of work.
- Assist with project operations management as needed.
- Create precise estimates using your attention to detail and asphalt expertise.
- Maintain relationships with key contacts in the construction industry.
- Build a faithful client portfolio that generates repeat business and referrals.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role required.
- Professional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in general computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- This position involves lots of driving throughout Southern California, a clean DMV driving record is required.
Other qualities and success factors that will benefit the person for this position are:
- Ability to read blue prints and specifications.
- Efficiency and organization.
- Tradeshow presentation knowledge and background.
- Experience in estimating and operations management is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented & able to work effectively under deadlines.
- Process oriented with a problem-solving mentality.
- Adaptable and able to switch gears effectively.
Compensation is base salary with commission that is tied directly to the quantity and performance of projects sold. Benefits include a car allowance or company vehicle after trial period and a company mobile phone.