- Assists assigned technician(s) as needed.
- To assist in all the maintenance and repair of all types of diesel engine vehicles.
- Performs safety inspections, oil changes, lubrication work, basic maintenance and minor repairs as directed.
- Runs errands, carries and delivers materials, tools and equipment.
- Operates hand tools, power tools, and equipment.
- Clean tools, equipment and prepare parts for inspection by service technician or supervisor.
- Documents services performed.
- Maintains neat and organized work area.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- Must own your own tools
- Enrollment in the Random Drug Testing Program
- Pass all random drug testing
- Physical ability to drive and operate equipment
- Mechanical aptitude to operate equipment, tools and machinery
- Physical ability to lift tools, machinery and equipment onto and off work trucks and trailers
- Physical ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Excellent coordination between hands, eyes and feet to guide oneself, tools, machinery and equipment with accuracy through safety sensitive job sites
- Fast reflexes and constant alertness, due to risks of working with equipment, hot asphalt, open trenches and in-and-around areas where heavy equipment is used
- Good depth perception
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances out on the road and in the field
- Wear a seatbelt when operating equipment
- Wear protective gear such as gloves, safety-glasses, earplugs, enclosed steel toe shoes, safety vests and hard hats as required for the job site and/or operating tools, equipment and machinery
- Availability to work Monday through Saturday, and occasionally on nights or Sundays with notice
- Consistent and reliable attendance and punctuality
When Company operating requirements or other needs cannot be met during regular working hours, employees may be scheduled to work overtime hours
- When possible, advance notification of these mandatory assignments will be provided. All overtime work must receive the supervisor’s prior authorization.
- Willingness to learn and perform job duties as described in a timely, professional and safe manner